1. US and Japan GAAP Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Drive adherence to local and global financial governance policies in order to maintain accurate and effective accounting processes
- Drive all real estate/fixed asset reporting analysis for presentation and review to the market controller, CFO and CEO
- Partner with the Financial Reporting team to ensure timely delivery of all reporting requests
- Collaborate and liaise with cross-functional teams
- Partner with Financial Reporting to assist with statutory audit and local statistics reporting in the area of real estate to ensure full compliance with no delay
- Partner with Financial Reporting to liaise with both internal and external auditors to resolve issues related to real estate reporting and controls
- Oversee and enhance the real estate accounting reconciliation process and quality
- Drive improvement related business objectives and internal customer needs (specifically in the area of real estate), implementing new business strategies and plans, and evaluating operational processes. Further promote a customer-focused environment while ensuring strict compliance with applicable accounting standards and global policies
2. US and Japan GAAP Financial Consolidation
- Support consolidations team in ensuring transactions are recorded in an effective, accurate, and timely manner in accordance with all local statute and relevant GAAP (Japan and US) pronouncements
- Support consolidations team in the production and delivery of the relevant monthly US and Japan GAAP financial statement areas, ensuring they are performed in a timely, effective, accurate, and efficient manner to meet all reporting deliverables
3. Accounting Policies
- Oversee real estate accounting policy lead (technical lead)
- Market technical lead to ensure local Real Estate practices are in line with company accounting policy and properly documented.
- Market technical lead to review, or document, draft Real Estate policies submitted for review by Corporate
- Market technical lead responsible to understand local, and other, statutory Real Estate policy changes as they arise
- Market technical lead to ensure local business is made aware of upcoming Real Estate policy changes and impact is accurately forecasted.
4. People Leadership/Support Global Controllership Organization Effectiveness
- Develop team members (manage objectives and offer advice)
- Ensure ethical guidelines thoroughly
Our client is a top global retail company.