Employment Permanent full time in Tokyo.
Role Overview We are looking for a qualified Application Support Specialist to join our team. As part of the Application Support Team, this role will strive to promote stability and performance of the Online Ordering platform, as well as numerous other interdependent systems that support franchisees and corporate stores, and their customers. In your day-to-day duties, you will consider IT and business requirements to implement solutions that resolve technical support incidents, fulfil service requests in adherence with defined SLAs and remediate problems that occur.
For this position, we expect you to be a tech-savvy professional with an in-depth understanding of Web Service concepts and methodologies in cloud environments. Proven ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex application problems and leverage tools, resources appropriately to identify solutions that may or may not be already documented. This role also requires demonstrated experience in managing multiple conflicting deadlines and competing priorities. Being able to work collaboratively with local as well as regional IT teams will be critical for success in this role.
• Delivery of stable and performant application and cloud operations
• Respond to and resolve application/service outages, capacity issues, and system alerts
• Adherence with defined service SLA’s, incident management processes, and application change management processes.
• Provide clear communication to technology teams and business stakeholders on incidents Root Causes, status of change deployments, and regular key service indicators (KPI, SLA, etc).
• Assist with analysis of the current technology environment and recommend opportunities for improvement
Knowledge and Skills:
• Microsoft software development technologies - .NET
• MS SQL DB Server administration, T-SQL query language
• Understanding of NoSQL platforms such as Cosmos DB, Redshift
• Web Service concepts and methodologies - SOAP, WSDL and REST
• Content Delivery Networks such as Akamai.
• Public Cloud Certifications (MS Azure, AWS)
• Excellent interpersonal skills and confident, collaborative engagement with stakeholders
• Ability to assess risks and impacts of actions, and make fair and considered decisions
• Ability to independently drive solutions to problems with the engagement of the wider team
• Collaborative and a team player
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multitask and manage work within tight timelines
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in an Application Support or Systems Support role
• Experience working in a 24x7 online environment
• Experience in QSR or FMCG desirable
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other relevant discipline
• Master’s Degree preferred
• Business level both in Japanese and English
Characteristics of a Successful Candidate
• Strong attention to details, analytical and problem-solving skills