You will belong to the Cloud team, to which are responsible for:
● Deploying and maintaining all of our OpenStack infrastructure and Cloud related
o Regularly reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for
o Stay well-informed of failures and complications related to our cloud platform
o Responsible for debugging technical issues inside a complex stack involving
virtualization, containers, etc.
● Designing and implementing features for infrastructure software components or services,
and own software changes from idea to production.
● Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
● Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues
before they snowball into problems.
● Migrating complex, multi-tier applications on our Cloud platforms.
We want people who value teamwork with a result-driven mindset, who thrive in a challenging
and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your
performance. You will have the chance to take part in workshops and events in Tokyo to learn
about the latest developments.
RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Gitlab, Docker, FreeIPA, Bind, oVirt, OpenStack, NFS, ElasticSearch,
Keepalived, HAProxy, Pacemaker, Prometheus, TICK Stack, Splunk, Ansible, Puppet, Juju,
MaaS, Icinga, Nagios
● Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related
● Minimum 5 years of experience supporting Linux systems
● Familiar with OpenStack, virtualization, KVM, and other Cloud technologies
● Solid understanding of Linux and Networking is a must
● A strong understanding of Storage and Raid levels is a must
● Familiarity with infrastructure as code concepts
● Have experience with or willingness to learn new technologies including Ubuntu Canonical
tools and products (MaaS, Juju, Lxc, KVM, etc).
● Experience in at least 2 programming languages like Bash, C, Python, GO, etc.
● Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
● Willingness to learn and work with new and emerging technologies
● Basic Level Japanese is good to have but not required
Nice to have
● Experienced in deploying Ceph is a plus
● Experienced in deploying and supporting OpenStack
● Experienced in deploying kubernetes in a production environment
Our client is a leading provider of financial technology software.