The IT BRM – Enterprise Systems, Japan will be the key IT partner for Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance, HR and Procurement functions in Japan, for the purpose of business-IT joint strategy development, solution discovery, project planning & delivery, service management, risk management and relationship management.
The IT BRM will take end to end accountability for IT solutions and services for these functional areas and will work with business teams regional/global IT team, and external service providers to ensure operational excellence as well as new capability delivery.
• Reports To: IT Director, Japan, dotted to AMEA Enterprise Systems Director
• Supervises: none
• Peer Relationships: IT members in region/other Bus
· Ownership for all Japan BU IT for SC, Manuf, Finance, HR, Proc. and will be member of AMEA Enterprise systems team
• Establishes and maintains a strategic relationship with key stakeholders and the IT organization.
• Provides thought leadership around the use of technology to achieve business goals and objectives.
• Supports the development of a 3-5-year roadmap, providing annual reviews of status collaborating with business stakeholder and enterprise architects
• Works with Architects to discuss potential solutions that match the business strategy with the technology strategy.
• May participate in the development of long-range technology strategies and directs projects towards desired technology strategies.
• Represents business requirements/initiatives, issues, and priorities to IT and represents the IT vision and initiatives to the business to ensure the best possible outcome.
• Promotes an understanding of IT roles, processes and activities to the business.
• Anticipates business needs and identifies and proposes IT products and services to fulfill those needs
• Supports service improvement and business-as-usual projects by working with various service owners and Architects.
• May negotiate agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business stakeholders and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
• May communicate business feedback to the IT community..
• Champions change management activities (i.e., frequent communication to staff and clients about the change and the impact of the change, advocacy, coaching, and mitigation of resistance) to minimize disruption and achieve desired results from initiatives that are triggered/enabled by technology.
• Keeps IT's technology and service managers aware of key BU business issues, identifying and resolving potential problems and conflicts.
• Collaborates with other IT functional areas to remain apprised of project status, and inform BU management of progress.
• Contributes to the business’ strategic planning process.
• Provides strategic technology and process consultation to business.
• Performs assessments and provides recommendations on IT and business initiatives and solutions based on business relevance.
• May advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impacts on products, business processes, and system priorities.
• Analyzes and advises on new business initiatives.
• Stays abreast of industry trends in the business and technology to determine impact to the achievement of organization(s) goals.
• May engage Architects/technology experts to gather information on technology trends.
• May recommends options, identifies risks and analyzes cost vs. benefits.
• Provides strategic consultation to assigned BU stakeholders in defining or designing business processes, functions and organizational structures.
• Works with business teams to understand project requirements, shapes the initial project request, and provides a high-level estimate of the project effort and cost used in cost-benefit analysis.
• Conducts feasibility studies and makes recommendations to stakeholders based on its alignment with the business strategy and roadmap.
• Manages the business case development process.
• Contributes context to the business case such as recommending expenditures based on the size, scope, and cost of hardware and software components.
• Reviews and evaluates business cases to confirm identified financials and risks, validate value and business alignment, and recommend a course of action.
• Presents business cases to the BU management.
• Ensures anticipated benefits are realized and key process indicators and report card is measured, tracked and communicated.
• Facilitates agreement on organizational work models to meet business requirements.
Planning and Prioritization
• Works with organization stakeholders and technical resources to create and implement a solution required to meet organization(s) business goals.
• Monitors business demand to enable appropriate planning of IT’s resources.
• Maintains awareness of changes to organization(s) strategy, goals and processes to ensure solutions/requirements/priorities appropriately reflect the needs of the organization(s).
• Facilitates changes when necessary.
• Works with business stakeholders in the identification and evaluation of risks associated with business decisions.
• Identifies risks, outside of current project scope, that will impact the organization(s) such as business process or IT security,
• May help in the development of risk mitigation plans.
• Manages business expectations
• Stays informed on project(s) status in order to provide business with regular status.
• Communicates with organization’s stakeholders, project managers, and other to ensure awareness of progress, risks, and results.
• Ensures that projects align with the technology that best provides maximum return on investment,
• Works with business and IT executives to define business and IT performance metrics.
• Measures, tracks and reports on benefits realization, IT performance, and customer satisfaction levels.
• Manages development and implementation of a plan(s) to improve client satisfaction.
Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
• Reviews Service-Level Agreements (SLAs) with clients in accordance with IT standards and specifications as required.
• Communicates SLA results and issues to appropriate stakeholders.
Work is performed in typical office environment including normal work activities.
• Role is located in Tokyo
• May need to travel international/domestic
Education and Experience
• 5 years+ of relevant technical and business work experience.
• Should be an expert in at least one major business/ functional work process in the Supply Chain, Manufacturing or Finance area, with deep experience in implementing and leveraging SAP solutions
• Ability to engage with functional business leaders at a strategic level, as well as with delivery teams at an operational level
• Hands-on experience leading such areas end-to-end and track record of delivering results and business value
• Requires team leadership skills, experience/in-depth knowledge of business operations and IT processes.
• Experience with organizational change management preferred.
• Experience managing vendors and external project resources
• Bachelor’s degree or in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
• Comfortable in English Language (Writing, reading & Speaking)